For our client, QuintilesIMS, we are seeking a Senior Statistician, Real-World Insights.
The goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible.
QuintilesIMS use data collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as “which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?” Their fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges they face.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work on a variety of large patient-level datasets owned or accessible to QuintilesIMS. You will be working within a large and diverse team that includes leading experts in this fast-growing, high-interest field.
The role will be focused on generating value and insights from the application of Real-World Data to solve healthcare-related problems for pharmaceutical and healthcare clients. This role requires capabilities in the preparation and analysis of anonymised patient-level data, according to agreed protocols and statistical analysis plans. The audience for these analyses will be various life-sciences customers as well as healthcare payers, providers and regulators. The successful candidate will have excellent skills in the presentation of analyses and in the communication of their findings, be that in tabular, graphical or descriptive form. You will also play a role in designing studies, providing input into proposals, protocols and/or the statistical analysis plan (SAP).
- Manage a team of statisticians located in Copenhagen & Stockholm and contribute to the team’s ongoing learning and development
- Assist in business development activities including assisting in proposal development and client relationship building
- Review and analyse client requirements, research questions or problems in order to deliver optimal solutions to meet their needs
- Drive / manage the decisions behind choosing appropriate approaches, data management, analytical and statistical design to meet study objectives. This may in the longer term also include interventional studies and direct collection of patient reported data
- Support company-wide strategies for engaging and analysing novel datasets
- Contribute to writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections
- Serve as methodological expert with clients to provide guidance on design and analysis of observational studies
- Drive development of SAPs (including table shells and figures), data extraction using primarily SAS but also some R and/or SQL, preparation and analyses according to study protocol or SAP
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents, including SOPs and quality management documents
- Act as a thought leader to advance statistical methods by developing novel approaches and processes
- MSc or PhD (or equivalent) in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or a related discipline
- Pharmaceutical industry experience, preferable in a senior statistician role
- Line management experience
- Strong statistical programming skills in a statistical package, used to work with SAS
- Experience in analysing data from prospective or retrospective epidemiological studies, including database analyses
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines to accomplish goals
- Good time management skills and programme acumen, to contribute to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Ability to meet deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation and PowerPoint skills)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) and Danish or Swedish
- Experience of working with large epidemiological data, particularly Electronical Medical Records
- Machine learning skills are an asset
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
How to apply
Please contact Hill Consult at +4570271510.
Resumes to be sent to Hill Consult at firstname.lastname@example.org