Join the Real-World Insights team to help us deliver high‑quality scientific research to our clients in the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
For our client, QuintilesIMS, we are seeking a Senior Pharmacoepidemiologist.
The goal is to contribute to the body of scientific evidence that allows medical practitioners to treat patients in the most effective way, and health systems to include as many patients as possible.
QuintilesIMS use data, collected for clinical (and other) purposes to answer research questions such as “which treatment works best in the real world, beyond the clinical trial setting?” QuintilesIMS fast paced and supportive environment attracts individuals who care deeply about the quality, timeliness and subsequent impact of their work; who thrive when exposed to the scale and variety of scientific challenges they face.
This role will offer you the opportunity to work on a variety of large patient-level datasets owned or accessible to QuintilesIMS, to help clients address scientific questions including: disease burden, natural history, product safety and risk management, drug utilization, treatment patterns, and validation studies. The clients include pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device manufacturers. QuintilesIMS offer a flexible, diverse and dynamic work environment with a multidisciplinary team of researchers with backgrounds in epidemiology, pharmacovigilance, and health services research.
- Lead the design and implementation of epidemiology, pharmacoepidemiology, and drug safety studies and other related research projects.
- Drive overall project management and client management, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- Leading project deliverables, with ability to write literature reviews, protocols, statistical analysis plans, study reports, abstracts, manuscripts and slide deck
- Lead business development activities including proposal development and client relationship building
- Drive specific research initiatives as needed.
- Ensure scientific rigour across all project aspects
- Contribute to communication strategies and present insights and perspectives to clients, internal training courses and conference presentations
- Contribute to the development of best practices in epidemiology and observational research and other internal initiatives to share information and build capacity.
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of internal guidance documents, including SOPs and quality management documents
- Managing, mentoring and coaching of 3 or more epidemiologists
- MSc, PhD, MD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, outcomes research, health economics, public health, medicine or a relevant scientific field
- 7+ years work experience in pharmacoepidemiology, drug safety / pharmacovigilance, epidemiology, or health services research
- Commitment to working collaboratively and effectively with people of other disciplines to accomplish goals
- Good time management skills and programme acumen, to contribute to multiple projects with competing timelines
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including presentation and PowerPoint skills)
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Exposure to working with large epidemiological data, including Nordics registries and EMR
- Prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO or other service sector in the pharmaceutical industry
- Line management experience
- History of successful project management, including client contact, contracting experience and scope management
- Knowledge of real-world data needs of pharmaceutical clients
- Publications in peer reviewed journals, and abstracts (including presentations) in scientific conferences
- Spoken and written knowledge of at least one Nordic language (Swedish, Danish)
How to apply
Please contact Hill Consult at +4570271510.
Resumes to be sent to Hill Consult at firstname.lastname@example.org